By AWHONN, Susan Mattson RNC-OB CTN PhD FAAN, Judy E. Smith PhD RNC-WHNP
Using an outcomes-based, modern procedure, AWHONN's middle Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing, 4th Edition presents crucial wisdom for care via each level of being pregnant and childbirth. it's also the definitive source in getting ready for the AWHONN certification exam. A concise, define structure covers recommendations of copy, fetal improvement, general being pregnant, the intrapartum and postpartum sessions, the conventional infant, problems within the mom and the baby, and moral and criminal concerns. Edited through well-respected authors, Susan Mattson, RNC, CTN, PhD, FAAN, and Judy Smith, PhD, RNP-C, this can be the single ebook that comes with AWHONN-endorsed content material for the perform of maternal-newborn nursing!
- A bulleted, define format presents quickly evaluate and reference at the administration of pregnant girls and their newborns via all phases of care.
- AWHONN-endorsed content makes this the definitive source in getting ready for present perform and for AWHONN area of expertise nursing certification exams.
- Case reports and evaluate questions replicate the realities of perform and assist you organize for certification exams.
- Coverage of outpatient and inpatient care comprises households, ethics, criminal matters, examine, case administration, genetics and genetic counseling, and the transition to domestic and parenthood.
- New evidence-based perform content contains the most recent study and top perform criteria for maternal-newborn sufferer care.
- New nationwide Institute of kid healthiness & Human improvement (NICHD) terminology fosters interdisciplinary communique and guarantees larger accuracy and precision.
- New sufferer defense and chance administration strategies assist in bettering results, decreasing problems, and extending sufferer safety.
- New details at the newest review and tracking devices describes new purposes of expertise and the ensuing merits to sufferer care.
Read Online or Download Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing PDF
Best women's health books
Kathryn corridor takes a clean and fresh new examine why such a lot of girls will not be fairly drawn to intercourse. A uniquely worthwhile ebook. -Harriet Lerner, Ph. D. , writer of The Dance of Anger""Women don't desire drugs or magic to consider hope yet quite purposes and motivation. This e-book presents sound innovations and brilliant feedback for overcoming sexual inertia and discovering real delight.
A good, useful method of realizing and dealing with female and male hormonal changesWhile most folks are accustomed to woman menopause, it's not to boot identified that males, too, have their very own model of midlife transition and it s way more universal than one may suspect. It s only in the near past been understood that males additionally be afflicted by hormonal alterations known as andropause and that assets for suffering to deal with his-and-hers midlife alterations haven't been available.
Normal how you can enhance your dietary healthWhen it involves wellbeing and fitness and meals, ladies have particular wishes; they event extra illnesses and stopover at the health professional extra usually than males. ladies also are at specific chance for significant nutrition-related medical conditions, together with center illness and breast melanoma.
This instruction manual addresses common developmental and cultural elements contributing to baby and adolescent psychological healthiness and healthiness around the globe. It examines sociocultural contexts of improvement and identifies kid's and youngsters' views as serious to realizing and selling their mental future health.
Additional info for Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing
Endometrial biopsy (1) Evaluates the influences of hormones on the uterine lining (2) Is performed on days 21 to 23 of a 28-day cycle (3) Estrogen and progesterone, which are present after ovulation, produce the characteristic changes in the microscopic lining of the uterus. Interventions (1) Assess current level of understanding. (2) Identify inaccuracies or gaps in knowledge. (3) Identify the woman’s interest in increasing her knowledge. (4) Formulate a teaching plan. (5) Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented plan.
The child weighs 2722 g (6 pounds) and is in no apparent distress. On further questioning, you learn that Mr. K. is 45 years old and has achondroplasia. Mrs. K. has three sisters with no health problems, and her parents are living and well. Â€K. has one brother and one sister; both are normal. Mr. ’s mother is living and well; Mr. ’s father is dead and he, too, had achondroplasia. Both Mr. and Mrs. K are interested in future Â�pregnancies. The couple does not understand what autosomal dominant means.
Identify the purpose of the instruction. Identify the characteristics of the learner. Assess the current level of understanding. Identify learning needs and preferred learning style of the woman. Identify the woman’s level of comfort with the subject matter. If in a group educational setting, identify the level of comfort of members of the group with each other. Choose an instructional method appropriate to the learning needs and comfort level of the participants. Develop a teaching plan.